FLASH FICTION:-- HORROR, SCI-FI, HUMOUR, CRIME, SLICE OF LIFE, ETC.

Wednesday 28 November 2012

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award





The very kind and talented lady Cindy Vaskova has nominated me for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.

Cindy, congratulations on your own award, I enjoy your writing very much, and it is very well deserved, and thank you so much for thinking of me when you were composing your own list of favourite writers.

Now, the rules are, I must write seven random facts about myself, and nominate fifteen other bloggers to receive the award.

I'm struggling to think of seven random facts about myself that will interest people, and that I haven't already published before, so I decided to show some that people may have read on here previously.


1) I love peace and quiet, and regularly watch the TV with the sound turned off.

2) I love slaughtering things on my Xbox 360, currently I'm playing Borderlands, and enjoying every gunshot and bloodsplat.

3) I eat lots of fruit, but never eat cherries.

4) I am absolutely NOT a morning person, and am really lucky because my working hours are 12.30 PM – 9.00 PM, and I absolutely luuurve those hours.

5) High on my list of pet hates are drivers who tailgate, and drivers who don't use their indicators.

6) My Ipod has 5,800 tunes on it, ranging from Bob Dylan, to modern pop, and one of my favourite all-time bands is Blondie.

7) Although the films I am really into are such as the Alien quadrilogy, Resident evils, Predators, and the like, I absolutely love the film Shirley Valentine, and have watched it dozens of times.



Nominating fifteen other bloggers is much more difficult than one would think, because I enjoy reading many people's writing, and it is hard to choose one over another, also my own list would probably almost duplicate Cindy's, so although it means bending the rules a tad, I have decided to nominate just three writers, each of them are relative newcomers to the #fridayflash community whose works I have recently discovered, and enjoyed reading.


1 Dawn Huddlestone.

2 A.B. Singer.

3 E.J. Hobbs.

Well done guys, and I look forward to seeing more of your works in the future.

Steve Green.

9 comments:

  1. YAY! You picked Dawn Huddlestone! WOOT! (I love Dawn. She's in my writers group and she is talented and funny and nice and sweet and adorable ... and and and!)

    I don't like fresh cherries either. Put 'em on top of a cheesecake, though, and all bets are off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Cathy, I hope things are good with you, it's lovely that you are so pleased for Dawn, she is indeed talented, the works of hers that I have read have been very well crafted, and I shall look forward to more of her writing. :)

      And Cathy...Did you mention cheesecake?... (Drools uncontrollably.) :-D

      Delete
  2. Wow! Just...wow! I'm speechless here (good thing my fingers still work). Thanks so much, Steve. Kudos from fellow writers are the bestest kind. I'm delighted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dawn, I'm so glad that you are pleased, and you are welcome, your award is well merited. best wishes with any future projects you undertake, I shall be looking forward to reading them. :-)

      Delete
  3. Why, thank you Steve. So nice to find a little recognition for my sick jokes, favourite babies made of bytes and lifelong “I wish I could publish this somewheres.” And of course I’m an enormous fan of how your work turns me into a huge green with envy short fiction rage monster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya A.B. You are very welcome, I haven't read many of your works yet, but I do like what I have read, your style is unusual, and darkly poetic in itself. As with the works of a few other writers that I read, I'm not always sure that I have understood every nuance, but I have still enjoyed the journey.

      Thank you so much for the compliment too, monsters aren't always bad are they?

      The really short stuff I write gives me great satisfaction, I tend to think in short sentences, and so they seem to almost write themselves.

      Delete
  4. Steve, you may already be aware but Blondie are touring the UK this summer, info here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/Blondie-tickets/artist/821295#artist_table_focus They seem to be playing at a lot of arboretum...! I'll be in the 'thicket' of it at the O2 in Newcastle, I hope with all the excitement of folk getting into the 'grove', they don't have to call the 'copse'. Oh dear, I'll get my coat then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Moonpieisland, and welcome to my blog.

      It is very unlikely that I will actually go to see Blondie live, but thank you ever so much for taking the time to post me the link, it was a very kind and thoughtful gesture. :-)

      I hope you have a brilliant time if you get there yourself, in my opinion they are, and always have been a terrific band.

      Delete
  5. Yup, the first record I ever bought was Blondie's 'Heart of Glass' in 1979. Seems unlikely to be seeing them live now after all these years but I shall enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete