FLASH FICTION:-- HORROR, SCI-FI, HUMOUR, CRIME, SLICE OF LIFE, ETC.

Monday 11 July 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award


The very kind lady Helen, who blogs at Helen-Scribbles has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, Helen, thank you so much.

Now, the rules are, I must write seven random facts about myself, and nominate other bloggers to receive the award.

I'm not sure which random facts will interest anyone, but these came to mind.

1) I love peace and quiet, and regularly watch the TV with the sound turned off
2) I love slaughtering things on my Xbox 360, currently I'm replaying Bioshock.
3) I eat lots of fruit, but never eat cherries.
4) I am absolutely NOT a morning person, and am really lucky because my working hours are 12.30 PM – 9.00 PM, and I absolutely luuurve those hours.
5) High on my list of pet hates are drivers who tailgate, and drivers who don't use their indicators.
6) My Ipod has 5,500 tunes on it, ranging from Bob Dylan, to modern pop, and one of my favourite all-time bands is Blondie.
7) The first car I ever owned was an Austin Allegro, and true to its nickname, it really was an All-Aggro. Possibly the worst tin-box of problems ever to be built.



Nominating other bloggers is much more difficult than one would think, because I enjoy reading many people's writing, and it is hard to choose one over another.

So I eventually settled on these three.


Stephen Hewitt at Cafe shorts, for the sheer eloquence and depth of his writing.

John Xero at Xeroverse 101 and at Missing Pieces, for his very deep and dark writing, even though I'm not always deep enough, or dark enough to understand it.

Tim VanSant at otoh because he regularly makes me smile with his razor-sharp wit.

Come on over and collect your award guys.

Steve.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you, Steve. I don't often play the meme/awards games, but I'll see if I can work up something for this. I appreciate the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Tim, thanks for the smiles you've given me through your writing, and your comments. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Steve, well deserved and good choices for your nominees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Harry, I think it's really difficult to choose nominees, there are so many good writers to choose from, it is tempting to just nominate everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Steve. =)
    There really are so many good writers around, so I really appreciate you picking me out from the crowd. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Steve - you made me a happy man. And as John said, there's a lot of good folks out there, so all the more appreciated. Thank you. And congrats to you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. John and Stephen, you are both welcome, you are both talented writers each with your own individual style, thanks for the pleasure of your stories.

    ReplyDelete